Talking to someone you trust about something upsetting may help you to:
- sort through the problem
- see the situation more clearly
- look at the problem in a new or different way
- release built-up tension – this can help you to gain new insight into the situation that is causing the problem
- find out that you are not alone – you may find that many other people share your feelings
- identify options or solutions you hadn't thought of before.
Sometimes it is hard to go to someone and start that conversation. If you would like a staff member to check in with you and see how you are going send us a message on the form below: